Prep time: 5 minutes
If your gogo still won’t fess up her super-secret spicy chicken marinade recipe, moenie stres nie! We’ve got you covered. This #wenresep can turn that chick-can into a chick-win!
It’s perfect for a braai, a roast, or a pan-seared dish, and contains our famous Mont Rouge Olive Caviar, chilli paste, honey, and fresh ginger.
This marinade recipe is enough for up to 1kg of chicken.
- ¼ cup red chili paste
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of Mont Rouge Olive Caviar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Mont Rouge Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whisk the raw honey, chilli paste, olive caviar, olive oil, fresh ginger, and lemon juice together in a large mixing bowl. You can also put the marinade ingredients in a large zip bag if you want to marinade your chicken overnight.
- Add your thawed chicken to the mixing bowl or zip bag. Seal the contents and refrigerate for four hours or leave it overnight.
- When roasting, frying, or grilling, pour all of the marinade over the chicken.
Spicy Chicken Marinade Recipe Note: When grilling your chicken, it is important to not move the chicken once it’s been placed on the grill for at least 5-7 minutes. This will give the chicken time to sear and seal.
When lifting or flipping the chicken too soon, pieces of meat will stick to the grill causing them to break off. It is best to always wait 7 minutes before turning the chicken over so it can be allowed to cook thoroughly.
If you would like to learn more about our olive caviar, its applications, and what dishes you can incorporate it with, click here.
For more delicious Mont Rouge recipes, be sure to check out our recipe page.